Feb 3, 2009

Jamie's remarks from Luke's funeral

This was written by Jamie , a day after the funeral for Luke.
lisa
 
.
continued. . .Jamie's remarks from Luke's funeral
Posted 2 hours ago

Just like the three year old boy in the story in the beginning I have prayed Father in Heaven hope you know I'm having a hard time. I know there are going be more times that I pray like that but as I do, I know He is there for me and will continue to comfort me. I don't know how people go through life without faith, hope, and an eternal perspective on things.


The Infinite Power of Hope
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Second Counselor in the First Presidency
Hope in God, His goodness, and His power refreshes us with courage during difficult challenges.

Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness.

Hope is not knowledge, but rather the abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promise to us. It is confidence that if we live according to God's laws and the words of His prophets now, we will receive desired blessings in the future. It is believing and expecting that our prayers will be answered. It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance.
In the language of the gospel, this hope is sure, unwavering, and active. The prophets of old speak of a "firm hope" and a "lively hope." It is a hope glorifying God through good works. With hope comes joy and happiness. With hope, we can "have patience, and bear . . . [our] afflictions."

Elder Quentin L. Cook
Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Think of the Savior in the Garden of Gethsemane during the Atonement process, suffering agony so great that He bled from every pore. His cry to His Father included the word Abba. This might be interpreted as the cry of a son who is in distress to his father: "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." I testify that the Atonement of Jesus Christ covers all of the trials and hardships that any of us will encounter in this life. At times when we may feel to say, "Hope you know, I had a hard time," we can be assured that He is there and we are safe in His loving arms.

............................................................................

I would like to thank everyone for all the love and support you have given us during this time.

The programs turned out amazing. The slide show for the visitation with the music was perfect. The luncheon was wonderful. The white balloon release for the kids at the cemetery was a special touch.

We are so grateful to our family and church family for all that they do for us.

Love,
The Sulley's

No comments: